Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Forty 8

Today is my mom's 48th birthday!! I thought I would dedicate a special post to her since it is her birthday. I know my blog is about the struggles that I have endured in my life and my current struggles also. There are many times that I hate my mother, don't pick up the phone, or I am ugly to her. I have been on her butt over the last few months to leave me alone. I have tried to set some sort of boundaries with her and stand firm in what I have "demanded" of her. However, I have to give her kudos because she has really honored my wishes and left me alone. It is to a point where we talk only when I call her. It has been rather relieving for once in my life. The crazy part is I went so long without talking to her that I actually picked up the phone and called her. Weird, I know! Anyways, the point of this post is that at the end of the day I love my mom no matter what shit I have went through in life. Everything I overcame and will overcome only makes me stronger and my story becomes much more powerful (whether it be by fault or not).

So today I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to my mother...Angie...Lil Wah Wah... Wangie, Wangela, The Wanginator.... I love you!

xo
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment