Friday, July 19, 2013

7/18/2013

Today has proven to be filled with another opportunity to challenge myself to think beyond my own limits and expand my mind. I opened my email to start typing my “thankful list” this morning and here we are at 12:53 PM and I’m still staring at a blank draft. Pressure is on. Do or die. Hmmmmmm……what am I thankful for? 1- Ludwig Beethoven. I recently started doing research on him as both a composer and individual and so far—I am intrigued. 2- That I got to see “karma” in living color. I let someone go in front of me in traffic this morning and I got to witness him pay it forward to another driver. Loving it! 3- Everyone who has donated or helped me to collect coke tabs for The Ronald McDonald House. I couldn’t make such an impact without a team effort. 4- I am thankful for a brilliant mind. I always feel “conceited” when I acknowledge how smart I am. But I am thankful that I can finally recognize it as a strength. For the majority of my life, I chose to “play stupid.” It is one of my greatest strengths and I’m glad I have become confident enough in myself to actually acknowledge it. 5- I am thankful I left all my jackets here at work. It is freezing. Wearing 2 is great, but I might put on my 3rd one. Brrrrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment